First up, hello new friends! I haven't actually taken part in a friending meme for years and years, but I'm working on this whole keep LJ alive thing and besides, I like new people. I used to have an intro post floating around somewhere, but if memory serves me since that was last updated (around four/five years ago? I don't remember) I graduated, moved half way across the country, had a mental breakdown and changed careers totally. In short: I'm Sam, I'm English, I work in palliative care, have an impressive collection of pet hamsters and I like tea and television, preferably together. Please pull up a chair and make yourselves at home!
If anyone wants to take part in aforementioned friending meme, it is here:I love the smell of fandom in the fall.
What else is new?
- My baby nephew starts SCHOOL this week which is unacceptable. He's so excited, posing in his uniform and counting how many sleeps to go. Oh Harry, may you always be this excited about education.
- I introduced my Mum to Words With Friends and she's now obsessed, and has already beaten me once. I feel this was a Mistake.
- For those who know how much my phone has dying on me over the past few months, I finally got to upgrade today and my shiny new Sony Xperia P should be with me at the end of the week. I mostly chose it because it has an 8MP camera, and I'm sick of not being able to take decent pictures, so fingers crossed.
- I'm mostly feeling sorry for myself this evening, to be quite honest. My knee, which I hurt a few weeks ago and then mostly seemed to heal, has flared up again and has been causing me severe pain over the past week. It's beginning to become a real issue at work, as I spend a lot of time on me knees (Shut Up) and it HURTS. But I'm mostly fed up because just when I was getting motivated about running, and I was beginning to see small bits of achievement, I can't do it. I tried again this evening, strapped up with painkillers in my system and my warm-up walk alone was making me wince. Which is just...one step forward and two steps back with my health, again, and makes me so fed up and angry and like I want to throw things. Because it doesn't seem to matter how hard I try and what I do, once again, nothing actually gets achieved. Whatever. I'm debating self-referring myself to physio and seeing if they have any suggestions tomorrow, because there is no visible sign of swelling or bruising, it's not going away, and I'm out of ideas of what I can do to help it.
- And because I don't want to end on a pity-party for me, let me tell you that Cas has made an open nest in his cage, and I can see the bedding moving softly up and down as he sleeps, and it's a very happy making visual!